- 1 cup Bisquick Original baking mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1 t ground dry mustard
- 1/2 t dried oregano leaves
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
1. Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
2. Heat oven to 350°. Grease 2-quart casserole. Pour egg mixture into casserole.
Yield: 6 servings
From the Bisquick Cookbook, (Picked by Gray)
Notes: Be sure to spray the pan! We forgot and it made a baked-on mess!! We always use sharp cheddar in recipes that call for cheddar and we also used hot sausage in this one.
Gray: This is the first in a series of recipes from “mini-cookbooks.” These are some of the ones you get as advertisements with magazines, etc. We have several shoved on the shelf that we have never made anything from. I picked it because it sounded tasty, and it was, but I’ve had better versions of this basic breakfast casserole. I think it would have been better with onions, and maybe red & green bell peppers. We have one more recipe to try from this cookbook, and even if it is good, I think we will save the recipe and get rid of the cookbook. Yay, our first cull!
Katie: Although tasty, I thought that this breakfast casserole wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. My mom makes one that I think is better. We looked through this cookbook to pick out a recipe and weren’t super excited about many of them, so we thought we’d make a couple of them in order to decide whether or not we want to keep the cookbook.