- 2 packages (80z each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups medium thick and chunky salsa
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1/4 lbs 93% lean ground turkey, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Additional Salsa, optional
Preheat oven to 375°.Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange 14 of the triangles in a circle on lightly floured cooking stone with wide ends even with edge of baking stone and points towards the center. Place the remaining two triangles in the center, pinching seams to seal. Roll dough to create a smooth surface. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely.
Combine salsa, seasoning mix, and garlic in bowl. Mix well. Add cooked turkey and toss to coat. Microwave on high 2-3 minutes or until hot. Spread sour cream over crust, then spoon turkey mixture over sour cream. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, and olives. Serve immediately with additional salsa if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
From The Pampered Chef Season’s Best Fall/Winter 2004
Note: I left out all the plugs for Pampered Chef products in the recipe. I hope you aren’t too upset. ;-p
Well, this was really a glorified taco salad that was a lot more trouble and didn’t taste any better. We did like the way you mix the ground turkey in with the salsa, taco seasoning mix, and garlic. That made the texture very nice. So we are glad to have learned this technique for the next time we make taco salads. The crescent rolls were troublesome and we didn’t think they were very good as a pizza crust, being very rich by themselves.