- 8 chicken thighs (about 2 lbs), skin removed
- 3/4 cup hot salsa
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 T lime juice
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 t grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro
1. Place chicken in 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients except peanuts and cilantro; pour over chicken.
2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Remove chicken from cooker, using slotted spoon; place on serving platter.
Yield: 4 servings
From Betty Crocker’s Slow Cooker Cookbook
Gray: I thought this dish turned out well, although it wasn’t quite what I had expected. I was hoping for just a little more peanut flavor, and that wasn’t there. All-in-all, it was not a bad dish, just not something that I would probably make again. Sorry the post is a little late, I have just been slacking…
This cookbook has lots of good recipes and plenty of pictures.
Katie: I agree with Gray that this recipe did not turn out as expected. It’s not bad, just not my favorite thing to eat. I often love dishes with the name “Thai Chicken” that have peanuts in them. This just wasn’t one of them.