- 1 T butter
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 (5-oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (12-oz) container cream cheese spread
- 1 (6-oz) container plain yogurt
- 2 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 (10-oz) pkgs frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (14-oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 T paprika
- 1 T garlic powder (optional)
- Tortilla chips or crackers
1. Heat butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring often, until tender, 5 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to low; stir in evaporated milk, cream cheese spread, and yogurt. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth, 2 minutes. Add cheese. Cook, stirring constantly, until cheese melts, 8 to 10 minutes. (Do not allow to boil.) Add spinach, artichoke hearts, paprika, and if desired, garlic powder. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Yield: 9 cups
From Wal-Mart Homemade Recipe Booklet
Katie: We have had this recipe for quite some time, thinking it sounded good when we got the recipe booklet in the mail. We hadn’t made it because it made such a large quantity and we didn’t want to make it just for ourselves. We went to a party with about 10 people recently, and decided to give this a try. I made it, and it was very hard to stir with all the cheese in it, and it never did reach a consistency that I wanted it to. It was sorta gloppy, and when scooped up, wanted to slide right back off the spoon. The flavors were pretty good, but it made a big mess in my pot, so I don’t think I would make this particular recipe again. However, I love spinach-artichoke dip, so I will try another recipe another time! Good luck if you try this one!
Gray: This was tasty, but I think we can do better. We have some other versions that we want to try. If you need to make a large quantity for a party this would be a good recipe. I hope you enjoy!