- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- generous 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Put 30 paper liners into shallow muffin pans or put double-layer liners onto cookie sheets.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add the butter, sugar, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat well until the mixture is smooth, then stir in the pecans.
3. Divide the mixture among the paper liners. For the topping, combine the pecans, flour, sugar, and melted butter to make a crumbly mixture and spoon a little on top of each cake.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until risen, firm, and golden brown. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
From 1 Mix, 100 Cakes
Katie: I decided to make something for one of my coworkers for Christmas, and tried to find something I thought would be good and easy to package. I love making things with maple syrup, so I knew this was the recipe I wanted to make when I found it. They turned out good, and are more like muffins than cupcakes. It was a nice departure from all the super sweet things that often accompany the Christmas season. I hope you enjoy these!
Gray: These were delicious and I really enjoyed the topping. It gave it a nice crunch. I also appreciated the way they were sweet without being over-powering. Enjoy!